Terms & Conditions
Terms, Conditions, Returns/Exchanges, Privacy, Payment and Delivery Policies:
Vintage Times is a reputable, long serving Australian based and owned retailer operating online and by appointment in our Sydney CBD office. Formally located in the Sydney Antique Centre and Double Bay, Sydney Australia. We take great pride in having originated the Antique and Vintage Cufflink shop concept and proudly offer over 1000 sets of cufflinks and hundreds of jewellery items at any given time. We promise you that our quality and variety will continue to be unmatched and our service top notch.
SHIPPING - Domestic / International. Our number one priority is maximum safety and speed of delivery. Vintage Times will never charge packaging or handling charges nor will we skimp on packaging in order to cut our costs. Delivery times will vary however we endeavour to ship within 24 hours of receipt of confirmed funds.
SHIPPING PRICES: You pay a single fixed rate shipping charge. You receive free shipping for your second, third, etc. items when shipped in a single shipment and weighing less than 500g in total.
Domestic shipping: A$20. Items are delivered direct to you via AusPost Registered Express Courier, (within Australia).
International shipping: A$52.00 Only the best! Vintage Times ships using AusPost Express International Courier which is the fastest and most secure shipping method available to you.
Payment can be made by any of the following methods:
Cash deposit to ANZ Bank
Corporate customers - Company Cheque
Individuals may pay by Australian Bank cheque however items will not ship until funds have cleared. (approx. 10 days)
Vintage Times accepts no responsibility for any loss of, damage to, late delivery or non-delivery of goods ordered from our web site. To the maximum extent permitted by law, you agree to release our carriers from any liability relating to loss of, damage to, late delivery or non-delivery of any goods you order from this web site and to assign all rights to claim compensation or insurance against our carriers to us and expressly and irrevocably do so.
We respect your privacy and urge your caution in buying on line. As such, we will continue to use Paypal for credit card payments made online.
Paypal is THE most secure payment system online and it offers you Buyer Protection Insurance. Should you have a problem and have paid with Paypal then you can feel secure in the fact that a third party international payment system is there to back you up!
Should you have any questions whatsoever about our policies or our company, please, do not hesitate to ask!
All currency is in Australian Dollars AUD.
All content and visual artwork is Copyright by Vintage Times Australia.
Information Collection and Use: Vintage Times, is the sole owner of the information collected on this site. We will not sell, share, or rent this information to others in ways different from what is disclosed in this statement. Vintage Times collects information from our users at several different points on our website. You may, from time to time, receive information from us about new products and special offers we think you'll like. We won't share your email address with any other businesses. You can opt out of receiving future emails at any time.
Registration: Registration is not required in order to use or order from this website. Should you choose to open an account a user is required to give their name, email address, post code, and a password. This information is used to complete a transaction only. Should the user want to hear about the services on our site in future we will only contact the user with information in which they have expressed interest. Phone numbers collected during the order process will only be used regarding issues arising from an order. This web site may contain links to other sites. Such links are provided for convenience only and may not remain current or be maintained. Vintage Times is not responsible for the content on those other sites or their privacy practices. Any links to other web sites should not be taken as an endorsement, approval, recommendation, or preference by us of the content, owners or operators of those sites. When our order form asks users to enter sensitive information (such as credit card number), that information is encrypted and is protected with the best encryption software in the industry - SSL (Secure Socket Layers). If you have any questions about the security of our website please ask!
Access to Your Personal Information: If you wish to review and / or make necessary corrections to the personal information that you have provided and we have recorded about you through this Site, please send your request.
Valuations: Valuations have been provided to you as an added service at no additional cost for most goods valuing over A$2000. Valuations offer you an estimate of how much it would cost to have a particular item manufactured and purchased through a retail outlet in the city and date of the valuation. As a Licensed Antique Jewellery Dealer we are not required to provide valuations however we do so in order to offer you an unbiased assessment of the jewellery item that you are purchasing. We do not warrant the contents of the valuation however it has been compiled by a licensed professional completely independent of Vintage Times using the accepted standards of the NSW licensing authority for Valuers. It is as close to a legal document as is available in the jewellery industry so please keep it safe.
Antique and Vintage jewellery-
Expectations: We want your expectations to be in line with what we sell. We do not sell perfect jewellery. Most Vintage Times pieces have been worn previously and as such will have wear. Known issues will be described where found and these will have already been factored into the price. Wear will always be present on all items at Vintage Times and this condition must be expected. The very large pictures on this website will do more to explain condition than any description will. Age and wear in this context is not and must not be considered a fault in the product.
Vintage Times has all jewellery inspected by jewellers, valuers and labs expert in Vintage and Antique Jewellery. Where applicable we will undertake restoration to ensure the item you purchase will be in excellent Antique or Vintage condition. While this does not make the ring any less “authentic” your new ring will appear to have just come off the jewellers bench! We do also sell a limited range of reproduction jewellery. These pieces will be clearly described as such on this site.
Inspection & a new chapter for your ring: We recommend that you to have your jewellery regularly inspected by a jeweller as he/ she may recommend minor restoration due to natural wear. Normal, natural wear will occur on any piece of jewellery, rings and bracelets in particular, new, vintage or antique. We recommend that you take the advice of any professional to ensure that your gemstones will remain secure in the settings. These security and strengthening updates are generally low cost relative to the cost of the jewellery item and should be expected. We additionally recommend that you to have your jewellery insured for loss, theft, and damage including but not limited to the loss of stones. We are not responsible for physical damage or loss after purchase.
Our Return and Exchange policies:
We want to do everything we can to make your online experience a pleasant one. We understand that making an incorrect choice can sometimes occur when shopping online as opposed to an in person purchase or pick up where one can actually try on and view the merchandise before taking it home. Vintage Times is happy to offer our online customers a 7-day *return or exchange program. (when items are returned in original condition, including valuations if included).
* We offer a no questions asked, 3 day notification, 7- day return policy for most jewellery purchased online provided it is returned within the specified time in original, unaltered and unused condition. We are happy to offer either credit for exchange or refund your purchase price. Jewellery sold at sale or discounted prices are not returnable for refund or exchange. Packaging and valuations paperwork should be returned undamaged.
* To start the process just email us within 3 days of receipt for online return & exchange instructions and authorisation. Please do not ship goods without authorisation
* Should you wish to request an exception to the sale/discounted product return policy, please send us an email before purchasing and request an exception to the no return or exchange policy. In many cases we can offer an exception. We will have a look at the product and price offered and let you know if it is possible for that product. We are truly happy to help if we can and will be able to confirm the return status of any item for you, in writing, prior to shipping. Once a sale or discounted item has been shipped approval may not be granted.
* Administration fee: Not normally, but we reserve the right under rare occasions to retain a 20% re-stocking / make right fee should the return circumstances be outside of what would be considered normal business practice of a small retail business. (i.e. - not David Jones or Myers) Circumstances can include but are not limited to; the duration of time between purchase and return, condition of returned item, alterations rectification costs including all costs of work done on customers behalf, including resizing, and the restoration costs to return the ring to the stock size. Missing or damaged valuations of returned items are charged at a flat rate of A$140.
* Any alterations to the item, including re-sizing, done on your behalf by us or a 3rd party, will void any agreement to accept return or exchange unless previously approved by Vintage Times, (ask, we will work with you if we can - we're here to help)
* Shipping fees are non-refundable. All costs & risks relating to the return of product to Vintage Times are buyers. International shipments must be clearly and properly labeled as the "return" of merchandise. Mislabeling may incur tax and duty which the buyer will be responsible for and which will be deducted from any refund offered. If buyer uses UPS to ship they charge a A$100 Customs Processing Fee which the buyer will be responsible for. While we cannot guarantee another carrier will not charge this fee, we can guarantee that UPS will. We recommend any carrier other than UPS.
* All items are packed for shipment under CCTV. All stones have been professionally examined and documented prior to and during shipping.